8. I’m not the most confident person, maybe that’s a strange thing for me to say, but every time I post somewhere I get horribly nervous. So I sadly don’t have a secret regarding confidence in Lolita :(
10. I don’t really have one idol per-se, I look up to the community as a whole, every single person that is part of it is an inspiration to me in some way!
17. It’s actually something I’m working on right now. I really hope it will grow into a true brand, that’s a dream coming true. It will be a gothic brand ofcourse, maybe touches of classic and sometimes inspired by the designers I’ve worked with as a model. However, I start simple, just to be safe.
2. I love most brands to be honest! I adore AatP’s lovely prints, but it’s mostly too big, I also like Moitié, but it’s the same problem..
15. My parents thought it was funny at first, but my dad really supported it, in the beginning he would cut out pieces of newspaper to show me, or find short videos about it. My grandma absolutely loves it, she would like to wear it herself too :) My brother and sister don’t particulary care for it, but they’re used to me wearing different clothing.
18. Most of my male friends think it’s kind of odd, I don’t really have a lot of IRL female friends, but they seem to like it :)
4. I actually have my ultimate dream dress already:
But maybe that’s not fun, okay.. some of my other dream items are: AP’s Puppet Circus, Mary Magdalene’s Antoinette Dress, Flower Basket OP, Moitié’s Silky Rose OP, Victorian Maiden’s Lace Up Doll Dress.. and a whole lot more!
6. Probably for my Moitié Iron Gate skirt, it was worth it though :)
19. Start small and with the basics! Find the style that suits you and stick to it (it can be multiple, but it should really suit you). Shopping second hand is a great way to build up a wardrobe in an affordable way, and Taobao is great to get the staples (bloomers, petticoats, shoes, socks, blouses)!
13. My first meet was about a year ago, I have pretty bad anxiety problems and leaving the house alone is always a huge challenge. Especially having to spend 2 hours in the train sitting next to strangers while you’re dressed in weird frilly clothes. The girls at the meet were all really kind, but I was stressed out so much that I almost got sick. The second time I met everyone was a lot better and was a bit of a personal victory for me.
14. The first time I wore lolita in public, I wore this:
It was probably the best choice I could’ve made, since it’s not super over the top. I went to get bread and the lady that worked in the bakery told me that she hoped that I would come to get some bread, since she wanted to tell me how lovely I looked. All the comments I got were very positive :)
1. My first lolita item was this Angelic Pretty skirt, I sadly had to sell it because it was super short on me! I loved it to bits!
3. I was very into Anime, wich got me interested in J-rock and Visual Kei. Through the music I discovered Japan’s crazy fashion styles and Hime Gyaru interested me in particular. I never tried it though and through that I started to learn more about the different styles and I finally discovered Gothic Lolita. It stuck to me, but took a couple years that I really dared to try it out!